Finding the “perfect” sports bra can be painful—literally and figuratively. Some are too tight, leaving behind painful red marks and irritation. Others may be comfortable when you’re sitting perfectly still but fail to provide any support once you’re engaged in even low-impact activities.
Then there’s the endless amount of questions required before you even make your purchase: wire or no wire? Seamless or no seam? Coverage? Breathability?
It’s exhausting. But finding the right plus size sports bra doesn’t have to be that hard. You just have to know what to look for.
What makes a bra a plus-size sports bra “perfect”?
There is no universal formula for a bra that meets every woman's expectations of perfect. What’s right for one woman may be wrong for another. There are, however, a few common qualities that tend to elevate some plus-size sports bras above the rest.
- Extra Support: Whether you’re engaging in high-impact workouts or just running errands, a good sports bra will provide enough support to control bounce and contain your bust. A plus-size sports bra like the Cami Medium Support Sports Bra offers just enough support to eliminate unwanted movement without being too tight or restrictive.
- Moisture Wicking & Breathable: Women wear sports bras because of the unparalleled comfort they can provide, whether it’s doing a workout or not. Part of that comfort is keeping your chest dry and free from pooled sweat that can leave your skin irritated and prone to infection. A good sports bra is made from breathable, moisture-wicking materials that quickly and efficiently pull sweat away from the body and help you stay dry.
- Coverage: There are plenty of times when full coverage may not be necessary, but if the occasion calls for a sports bra, full coverage is often the best way to go. Full coverage will help keep everything up and in, making you feel more comfortable regardless of what you’re doing.
- Wireless: Let’s face it, wires certainly can serve a purpose, but they can be uncomfortable. Today's technology makes it easier to create sports bras that leverage other features to increase support and stability without sacrificing comfort. Look for a sports bra that features reinforced cups and wider straps.
- Easy to wear: Getting a sports bra on and off should not be a high-impact activity. Sports bras with adjustable eye-and-hook closures can help you get in and out of your bra with ease. But don’t get support confused with “tight.” A bra that is too tight can be as problematic as one that is too loose.
Meet Our Favorite Bra: The Cami Medium Support Sports Bra
If you’re looking for a sports bra that offers support and unparalleled comfort, the Cami Medium Support Sports Bra is worthy of your attention. Available in cup sizes C to J with bands from 34 to 50, this sports bra offers:
- Wide, non-stretch adjustable straps that stay in place
- Seamless, reinforced cups that support without the need for an uncomfortable wire
- A breathable mesh insert that creates a full-coverage fit without compromising breathability
- Back hook-and-eye closures for easy on and off
We’re not the only ones who love this plus-size sports bra. The Cami Medium Support Sports Bra is an Amazon favorite with over 17,100 five and four-star reviews.
What do reviewers have to say? Here are just a few of our favorite praises:
My search for a sports bra is finally over!!
Ladies, I've tried on so many sports bras and repeatedly struck out. This one gets the gold star for me! I'm an odd size,
This bra is absolutely perfect! It fits perfectly, very supportive, there’s nothing extra hanging out & it keeps my back from hurting! It doesn’t give me uniboob & there’s no bounce! The fabric is comfy, too! I could sleep in this bra!
How do you know what size sports bra to get?
There are plenty of factors that go into creating a comfortable and reliable sports bra, but that’s only part of the equation. To find a bra you’ll like, you also need to make sure you’re wearing the correct size.
Over the years, our bodies change, and that means our bra sizes can also fluctuate. Measuring before you buy can help you find the size you need for the experience you deserve.
Check out our bra size calculator to make sure your next Glamorise bra is the best yet.
Lift, Shape, and Support With Comfort and Style