Buying a bra online can seem like an impossible task. How do you know if it will fit as you want it to? What if you don’t like the way that it looks?
Especially for those of us who don’t have what the industry thinks of as the perfect body type, buying a bra online may be the last thing that you want to do.
By the way, we like to think that everybody is perfect, no matter what size or shape it is. There are things that you can do to make shopping for a bra online less of a chore.
Can I return a bra if it doesn't fit?
Every company has a return policy, and it’s best to familiarize yourself with it before you buy.
Depending on the company you may have to pay to ship your item back to the company. No one wants to be surprised by having to pay $15 to ship an item back or that you may be charged a restocking fee.
Make sure that you are aware of any fees that you might incur. Also, check how many days you have to send it back. Most, if not all companies have a time limit for you to return your item.
At Glamorise we offer free exchanges and free returns within 40 days.
How accurate are sizing guides?
Bra sizing guides are accurate to the company that they belong to. Just like the return policy, it’s best to take a look before you buy.
You may be a 38D in your current bra, but that doesn’t mean that you’re the same size in the company that you’re looking to buy from.
Take your measurements if you don’t know them or if it’s been a while, and start shopping!
Speaking of measurements…
How long has it been since you’ve measured yourself? Has your weight fluctuated, or have you given birth since the last time? If so, it’s a good idea to measure again to make sure that you get the best fit.
Here’s a refresher:
- Get your band size. Measure above your bust with a fabric tape measure. Wrap the tape around yourself, under your arms, and at the top of your bust. Round up to the nearest whole number. This is your band size.
- Measure your cup size. Wrap the tape around your chest again but this time at the fullest part of your bust. Enter your numbers into our bra size calculator to get your Glamorize bra size.
It’s a good idea to retake your measurements every so often, or if your weight changes by more than 10 or 15 pounds. For more, visit our Bra Size Calculator.
What if the bra’s quality isn’t what they said it would be?
Unfortunately sometimes what you order isn’t necessarily what you get. The pictures and description can make it seem like you’re buying a high-quality item, but this isn’t always the case. Read fabric descriptions and how to wash your bras before you buy them.
Also, it’s best to buy from trusted retailers to avoid any surprises. Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Read reviews left by other customers. If there are no reviews that’s a bad sign. At Glamorise we have 100 years’ worth of satisfied customers behind us.
What if the bra fits at first but hurts as I wear it?
A band that’s too tight, straps that fall or straps that dig in are common problems when it comes to new bras.
Before you return it, or if you’re past your return window, there are some things that you can try.
- If your straps are digging in, chances are good that it’s your band causing the problem. The band of the bra is responsible for supporting the weight of your breasts. If your band is too big the straps try and take over. This causes your straps to dig into your shoulders.
- If your bra straps are falling off of your shoulders, try tightening them. All bras will start to wear eventually, and your straps may become looser than when you first put it on.
- If your band is too tight and it’s on the first set of hooks, try a bra extender. This will give you a few more inches to work with. The best solution is to get a new bra in the correct size. A bra extender can make the straps more prone to slipping, especially if you have narrow or sloped shoulders.
Think of the positives of online bra shopping
As most of us know, trying bras on in a store can be a less than pleasant experience. When you order online you get to try your new bra on in the comfort of your own home. If it doesn’t fit the way you’d like, just put it back in the package and contact the company for a return.
Another perk of buying online is selection. You’re not limited to what the store has in stock which is a huge plus for hard to find sizes. Now that you know what to look for and what to avoid, it’s time to get a new bra.
Lift, Shape, and Support With Comfort and Style